KAAP - Agfest Multi-Media Competition (Grades 5-10)
Finding Careers in Agriculture at Agfest 2017
Competition for schools
Competition is open for students in Years 5 – 10. Students can participate as an individual or in small groups with up to a maximum of 5 members.
Explore the career options available in agriculture, share your findings in a format of your choice.
The presentation needs to focus on "Careers in Agriculture".
Please click here for information flyer.
Competition Terms & Conditions:
- Prizes will be given in the following categories – students in Years 5 - 7 and 8 - 10
- Entries can be submitted by individuals and small groups no larger than 5 participants.
- Entries may be video or multi-media presentations with a maximum length of 3 minutes.
- Entrants must have permission from all participants that feature in the presentation
- Entrants must ensure that the presentation is their own work and does not contain any material over which someone else holds copyright or other intellectual property rights without their consent.
- Entrants must only use attributed original, license-free or Creative Commons music in their presentations Check out freemusicarchive.org for legal downloads
- Representatives from Agfest, the local media and the University of Tasmania will judge all entries and determine the winner.
- Entries need to be submitted no later than 12pm Sunday 4th June 2017
You can enter in one of the following ways;
USB or disc and post it to
Rural Youth Tasmania
Agfest Schools Multimedia Competition
PO Box 322, Launceston TAS 7250
Email it to
email@example.com (as long as it is no more than 10MB)
or use one of the following free online file share services
www.wetransfer.com and email the link to firstname.lastname@example.org
www.dropbox.com and email the link to email@example.com
Prizes for each will category include:
- Multi-Media Presentation to be placed on Agfest Website
- $300 Harvey Norman voucher to purchase a "class" prize e.g. video camera for the school
- Up to 5X$20 iTunes vouchers for personal use for each individual or team member
School information: Alignment to the Australian Curriculum
Grade 5 - 6 Grow, Make, Protect:
Students explore agricultural opportunities and a wide variety of career profiles, making links to their learning experiences growing, managing environments and preparing food products.
Grade 7- 10 Grow, Make, Protect:
Students participate in interactive industry connected programs. They develop authentic links to their learning and understand how this can translate to future pathways in primary production, product development and environmental sustainability.