Agfest and Rural Youth are committed to providing a safe and complaint event to protect the safety,health and wellbeing of our volunteers, exhibitors, patrons and the wider community.
This year, to comply with Tasmanian Public Health's COVID-19 contact tracing requirements, all attendees to the field days will be required to purchase tickets online before presenting to the entry gates. No tickets will be sold at the gate.
We understand that this is a different process to previous years and may be challenging for some members of our community. However, we very much appreciate your understanding and assistance in helping us to deliver a safe event.
If you arrive at the event without a pre-purchased ticket, you will be asked by one of our friendly volunteers to move away from the entry gate and apply for your online ticket via a personal mobile device, subject to availability.
Rural Youth requests that you do not enter the field days if, in the past fourteen (14) days:
- You have been overseas;
- You have been in contact with a person with a confirmed case of COVID-19;
- You have been in a COVID-19 hotspot;
- You have had COVID-19;
- You have had symptoms consistent with COVID-19;
- If you have symptoms conducive with COVID-19 (e.g. fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat or headache).
If you present with symptoms (eg. fever, cough, shortness of breath) you will not be able to enter the event.
- Social distancing measures of 1.5 metres between people/household groups must be maintained at all times;
- Hand sanitisation stations and hand washing stations will be available within the field days and will be identified by signage . Patrons are encouraged to ensure that they regularly wash and/or sanitise their hands during their visit to the event;
- Aggression and abuse of our staff, volunteers and other attendees will not be tolerated. Anyone presenting signs of aggression or becoming abusive will be removed from the event;
- Regular event announcements will be conducted over the PA system to remind all attendees to ensure hygiene considerations are observed;
- COVID agents will be engaged specifically to monitor and encourage social distancing in all walkways, on exhibitor sites and in high traffic areas;
- In the event that people find themselves in a queued situation at the entry point to the event venue, we ask that you practice physical distancing in your household groups of no less than 1.5 metres.
Download the Check In TAS app before attending the event:
Check in Tas | Coronavirus disease (COVID-19)
Thank you for your assistance, understanding and compliance with these important rules to ensure we maintain the highest levels of safety.
RURAL YOUTH TASMANIA